[haiku-development] Re: Alpha 3 : better late than never

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 17:41:14 +0100

Le 29/05/2011 16:33, Jim Saxton a écrit :
Most of the problem games require gcc4 sdl libs. The problem is that
the devs have not packaged these libs to install on a gcc2 hybrid
system. they place the libs in /boor/common/lib, not
/boot/common/lib/gcc4 as there is no gcc4 folder on the  gcc4 hybrid
system they use.
Yes, this is the main problem. It's easy to solve : forget about the gcc4 and gcc4hybrid versions of Haiku, and use the officially supported one only.
No need for symlinks all over the place.

Note that introducing the symlinks now is only going to make things even more complicated when we switch to gcc4 as the main compiler. This will happen post-R1, and there will be other changes to the directory structure. Then, the directory tree will look like spaghetti of symlinks, and we don't want that.

--
Adrien.