[gmpi] Re: Topic 2: Plugin flavors

  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:24:25 -0500

> > Do you mean hardware control surfaces?
> Yes

OK, so in this case I think GMPI could support it, but there aspects to
control surface integration that are very host specific.

Other topics (and ultimately the specification) will hopefully cover issues
about how parameters are represented, named, organized and discovered.  This
would be pretty elemental in a control surface integration system.

Other issues of importance with control surfaces are consideration for
multiple "gesture sources" attempting to write to the same parameter at the
same time.

But in any case, I don't think there is anything in the current description
of what kinds of plugins GMPI supports, to preclude using GMPI to interface
to a control surface.