[gmpi] Re: Topic 2: Plugin flavors

  • From: "Silver Blade" <silverblade_uk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:47:20 -0000

I had an idea like this recently (see vst-plugins archive), where the plugin
interface is implemented in a similar way as winsock, etc. That is, the
interface manages plugins, I/O etc, and several hosts can access the plugins
and devices at the same time.

This would be difficult to implement, however, and I doubt anyone's going to
want to run more than one host at a time anyway.

-SB