[gmpi] Topic 2: Plugin flavors

  • From: Steve Lhomme <steve.lhomme@xxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 12:13:00 +0100 (CET)

Sorry to come back in time, but I didn't have to read all the messages that were
posted. So my question may have already been mentioned.

Is there a possibility for 2 different GMPI host to communicate through a GMPI
plugin (probably the same instance of the plugin) ? A bit like what Rewire does
?

That would be like :

|  OS                                                        |
|   | GMPI Host A      |      |  GMPI Host B        |        |
|   |   GMPI 2-way communication plugin             |        |

That means the commands that a GMPI host can send is the same that the commands
it can receive. And it's also the same as the commands a plugin can receive.