[gmpi] Re: Topic 2: Plugin flavors

  • From: "Angus F. Hewlett" <amulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:01:15 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Reviewing the agenda, it seems like we've covered most of topic 2 already.
> Topic 2 as stated in the agenda was:
>
> 2.    Plugin flavors
> Audio and/or MIDI processors, sure, but what about driver plugins, synthesis
> components, controllers, visualization plugins, MIDI editors?
>
> This seems to be covered covered by one of questions & answers in topic 1:

We also need to address:- will we support plugs operating in a
pseudo-static (visualiser / editor) mode of operation, "offline" hybrids
(including multipass and non-1:1 algorithms), or does GMPI only seek to
address realtime 1:1 or "pseudo-1:1" streaming at this stage?

My suggestion would be to specify only realtime streaming for now as
that's the most urgent need, but to bear in mind the possibility of
visualisers and editors using the same data representation scheme and
broad API conventions in future.

Regards,
        Angus.