[GeoStL] Re: Semi Caching related (after all we ALL love to eat)

  • From: "Bob Shirley" <barlog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:46:07 -0600

-

  Favorite breakfast place?

[Bob Shirley] There is a place at the corner of Woodbine and Kirkwood Road
that is a breakfast/brunch place.  Can't remember the name though

  Favorite Lunch place?

[Bob Shirley] CJ Muggs, Webster Groves, corner of Gore and Lockwood

  Favorite dinner place?

[Bob Shirley] Berkshire Grill at the corner of St. Charles Rock Road and
Natural Bridge Rd. in Bridgeton, very near highway 270/70 interchange

  When caching (mandatory reference :-) ) a quick place to eat but not fast
food?

[Bob Shirley] Well it is fast food, but if your get the right choices on the
menu it can be a bit healthy....basically any of the chain sub shops....Penn
Station is my favorite.

  Where are your favorite ethnic resturants?

  Mexican?

[Bob Shirley] Nacho Mama's, not the greatest food, but you can't pass up a
name like that!

  Italian?

[Bob Shirley] Tony's if serious dining is called for, Massa's for just a
regular Italian outing.  Also there is a whole neighborhood with many
Italian restaurants called The Hill.

  French?

  Oriental?

[Bob Shirley] Don't know if it's still there, but at Westport Plaza was a
great Japanese restaurant....I think it was called Kobe.

  Greek?

  others?

[Bob Shirley] There are several "areas" for great eating.  The
aforementioned "The Hill" is one.  Also, The U-City Loop (Blueberry Hill,
Cicero's, Riddles, among many others), Central West End with the Tenderloin
Room, Lewellens(sp?), and many others, Kirkwood with the new micro
brew/restaurant, Amicie's, Sunset 44, and others.  I also understand there
is some great food up in old St. Charles.  Also, The Landing, just north of
the Arch.

[Bob Shirley] The Red Sea - University City - Indian cuisine

  Interesting Places to eat? Unusual food? Different ways of serving food?

[Bob Shirley] Imo's for a St. Louis style pizza, White Castles, if you
didn't have them in your neck of the woods.  Frank's Cheesecakes.  You gotta
have a St. Louis Gooey Butter Cake, and perhaps an Eat-Rite diner
experience.

  Homestyle food resturants?

  Any other places that you like or think would be noteworthy?

  Please list location and if possible coordinates so that I can plot them
out on a map

  Thanks for helping and once they stop coming in I will compile them into a
list for everyone.

  Dan (Thunder)

  PS: Any ideas on resturants for our next SLAGA dinner?