[GeoStL] Re: Semi Caching related (after all we ALL love to eat)

  • From: "Wayne Lindberg" <alindb01@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 00:41:37 -0600

From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dan Henke
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 9:56 PM
To: geocaching
Subject: [GeoStL] Semi Caching related (after all we ALL love to eat)

-
I am asking for help from all the cachers here in St. Louis and the
surrounding areas...as most of you know I am now working in St. Charles and
being new to the area I am always interested in places to eat for any of the
meals. I would like to take a poll of all of you guys and put together a
list of resturants to visit but I think it would also be helpful even for
some of the old timers and certainly would help visitors to the area decide
where they can eat. They can be anywhere in the St. Louis or surrounding
areas.

  So saying here goes:

  Favorite breakfast place?

IHOP is always good, a good Waffle House has a breakfast that can fill my
one grandcritter's hollow leg.

  Favorite Lunch place?

I like a burger at Cracker Barrel.  They have their own meat processing
plant and you can still get a real medium rare burger there.

  Favorite dinner place?

Kreis' Restaurant on South Lindbergh.  They have a prime rib to die for.
You can actually hear your arteries slamming shut as you eat.  Warning,
empty all of your disposable income into your wallet before you go there.
It's pricey, but if you eat like me, you'll get three very enjoyable meals
out of that piece of meat.

  When caching (mandatory reference :-) ) a quick place to eat but not fast
food?

Technically fast food, but I like DQ, decent quality and better choices than
most FF.

  Where are your favorite ethnic resturants?

  Mexican?

Guadalajara, just off of K in O'Fallon, behind the Dirt Cheap.

  Italian?

That place in Wentzville, previously mentioned, and Stefaninas in Troy is
also good.

  French?

Coq d'Or in Manhatten, but I haven't been there in many years.  Otherwise, I
tend to avoid the that ilk these days.

  Oriental?

China Green Buffet in Troy

  Greek?

Hard to beat the Church, but Spiro's has a good dinner menu.

  others?

  Interesting Places to eat? Unusual food? Different ways of serving food?

Pio's in St. Charles

  Homestyle food resturants?

Gingham's in St. Charles, also very good for breakfast

  Any other places that you like or think would be noteworthy?

Locally, Winfield has a couple of decent eateries right next to my cache.
If you're ever in Ann Arbor, MI, head for the Gandy Dancer.  It's in the old
depot and the train track is still active.
There's a cafe in Wycliffe, KY that serves quail breakfast, lunch, and
dinner.
Patti's Settlement in Grand River, KY (Land Between the Lakes) is a
destination unto itself.  Get the signature 2-inch pork chop with their
special seasoning and sauce.  There are several caches nearby to walk off
the meal.

  Please list location and if possible coordinates so that I can plot them
out on a map

  Thanks for helping and once they stop coming in I will compile them into a
list for everyone.

  Dan (Thunder)

  PS: Any ideas on resturants for our next SLAGA dinner?