[duxuser] Re: A Transcribing Question

  • From: Steve Dresser <s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:10:21 -0500

Hi Deb et al,

I see this as a formatting question rather than an emphasis question, and therefore agree with Dave Holiday's response. I think talking to the author of the menu will only confuse the issue because you'll have to explain more about braille formatting than he or she will want to know. This strikes me as being similar to the ridiculous situation in braille music where you have to include F and G clef marks even though they are completely irrelevant in braille music.

Steve

On Tuesday 3/16/04 09:52 Deborah Barnes wrote:

I vote for making it easier for the reader.  Many readers have difficulty
reading through all the clutter and we could debate the issues of
readability all day long.  I'd suggest talking it over with the person who
did the menus if appropriate and making a decision.  Here we take out a lot
of the bolding as it's usually bolded so it's easier to see in print.  We
italicize appropriate items or for emphasis.  But it depends on what we're
doing--i.e., books or special requests so your situation may be different.

Deb B. (who, as I said previously, it's just my two cents' worth)