[duxuser] Re: A Transcribing Question

  • From: FinaCurrey <fcurrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:34:24 -0600

Hi Karen,

My name is Fina Currey. I'm a braille transcriber and do alot of restaurant menus. I get these menus in pdf format at times or, they send them to me via e-mail.

Before i transcribe them, i look carefully at the print file and see what kind of things it has on the margins of it. I've found that sometimes, these things that look like italics or quotes of somekind or another, are symbols that are there to let people know how the item is prepared; for example, it might be a spicy item and that stuff you're seeing, may be a picture of a jalapeno or some other kind of graphic indicating either spicy or vegetarian.

Thanks for reading.

---