[softwarelist] Re: OvnPro for Windows

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 06:03:04 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4EF53876.3070003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Tony Todd <tonytodd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[Snippy]
> I also bought a convertor from them, !effTTT I think which allowed me to
> convert some favourite Windows fonts for RISCOS.

Indeedy...

One of the major problems I've encountered attempting to match fonts for
Fay, is to do with badly created fonts on the Win side.

One I found recently was as close as possible a match, but unfortunately
after conversion using !effTTT so many of the glyphs/characters were
missing.

Looking at it in detail on the Win side showed the Font file didn't
contain those characters at all, it just comprised alpha Caps, lower case
and the numerics 0 to 9 and that was it.  Bummer!

Another font had many of the glyphs in the wrong places, but don't let
this font burp put anyone off using OvPro on the two OSs...

Because of the massive number of TT fonts out there... I think in every
case, except one I've managed to eventually find a good enough match for
her.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid