[softwarelist] Re: OvnPro for Windows

  • From: John M Ward <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:05:53 +0100

In article <d1fed2154f.jaycee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   JayCee <jaygcee@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <gJvQ2rCI5syGFwXh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In message <4c98d0154f.jaycee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, JayCee
> > <jaygcee@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >>How do I get the document loaded when I click on OvnPro to have it's
> >>toolbar and info palette turned off.
> >
> > ISTR the settings are saved in each document.
> >
> > So a per document setting which you'd have to change in every
> > document you have.
>
> But shouldn't (couldn't) they be saved in the default document that
> OvnPro loads when you double click on it - it works under RISCOS that
> way.

I suspect the only realistic way to do this would be to have document
preferences arranged to be something like: (a) on; (b) off; (c) use
default setting.

If just a single bit is allocated to this preference, within the
document file, then this will not work per setting, without having a
separate bit flag which the program would have to read in as a separate
exercise.  Could get complicated...

Nevertheless, there might still be scope for a /global/ option of "use
defaults" -- i.e. for all such settings, rather than being able to pick
which ones to set explicitly and which to leave to the "default"
setting.  Just an idea for thought, probably of no value but I thought
it worth at least mentioning...

--
John Ward in Medway, Kent - using RISC OS since 1987
Now using an Iyonix, an A9home, 2 RiscPCs and Virtual-RPC!