[softwarelist] Re: OvnPro for Windows

  • From: Tony Todd <tonytodd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 17:44:24 +0000

On 23/12/2011 17:09, D. J. Willington wrote:
David,
Just a quickie:-
I have a RPC and a Win7 laptop. Most of my writing is still done using
Ovation Pro on my RPC and saved on my laptop using VirtualRPC. I do it
this way because my RPC is so much easier and faster than my laptop and
the laptop is simply used as a backup for most documents I write. One day
when my RPC finally dies I will hope to compose my Ovation Pro documents
on my laptop (using Virtual PRC).
However I notice I have an Ovation Pro file on my Windows machine too but
it has never been registered (for £60 I think).  Is it a current product
of yours? Would it be worthwhile my registering it? Would I then be able
to transfer my OvnPro documents from my RPC to my Windows version of
OvnPro?
Sorry this turned out to be more long-winded than I hoped.
Yours,
Dave Willington

I have OPro on Iyonix and on my Windows 7 PC as OPro Win and under VRPC.

The files swap back and forth easily between them.

Just remember to set the type under RISCOS to OvnPro (I think - check an existing document_ and in OPro Win make sure it ends in .dpf

For what it's worth the documents look better on screen under RISCOS than under Windows.

Regards

Tony Todd