[softwarelist] Re: Ov Pro & Internal Error Type=3

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:03:45 GMT
On 25 Feb 2008, Roger Darlington wrote:
> On 25 Feb 2008, Dr Alan Leighton wrote:
>> In message <d7b08d764f.rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>           Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> No, no pictures at all.
>>> It is about 6 A4 pages long, and consists of text using only Homerton
>>> and Selwyn fonts.
>>

>> I know it is extreme but export it  as a Text file to EasiWriter then
>> return it as saved Text.  That may do it.
>>

> That is extremist in the extreme: I'd lose all the colours, boldness,
> normal, homerton and selwyn settings. And I suspect that when I put
> all those settings back, consuming several hours work, it will still
> give type=3 or =5.
>
> I have discovered that in my example submitted, if I delete the first
> character (its in Selwyn font) then it WILL print (there then being no
> Selwyn characters in the document).
>
> This cannot, however, be the solution, because for the last 5 years I
> have printed documents like this, using Selwyn font, on my Iyonix
> without trouble.
>
> Why doesn't OvPro now like Selwyn font? It displays the Selwyn font in
> OvPro document on-screen perfectly well, but wont now print it?
>
> Very strange?

I've narrowed it down even further: I have discovered that OvPro
doesn't like printing Selwyn characters, but only if they are
top-bit-set-Selwyn characters.

It will print Homerton Top bit set characters. It will print Selwyn
characters with top-bit-unset.

Hmmm - even stranger.

Stranger still, Tech Writer (when printing top-bit-set-Selwyn
characters) doesn't crash the whole Iyonix, it just politely says
there's an error, and lets you get on with using the computer, which
OvPro fails to let you do: you have to re-boot!

I think it time to take this elsewhere: Archive-on-Line, as the error
doesn't seem to be restricted to OvPro (although OvPro does crash
irretrievably, whilst other programs don't).

Stranger still: it didn't used to be like this: my Iyonix would
happily print top-bit-set-Selwyn characters last year.

--

Cheers
Roger