[softwarelist] Re: Ov Pro & Internal Error Type=3

  • From: Roger Foden <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:01:54 GMT

In message <9669a2764f.rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 25 Feb 2008, Roger Foden wrote:

>> [snip]

>> One thing does occur to me: have you by any chance installed the ROOL
>> Printer upgrades into !Printers? I did, in order to get printing from
>> Netsurf. It worked for Netsurf, but gave other strange problems when
>> printing from EasiWriter and (I think) OvPro, so I reverted to the
>> original !Printers 1.72 and have had no problems since.
>>

> That is possible.
> But my Printers still says 1.72, and an error occurs when I try to
> print from Netsurf, so maybe not??

> It's still possible an odd ROOL printer module is lurking somewhere
> though...
> I wonder what Printers 1.72 is supposed to contain?

I downloaded your document and it prints without problems:
Iyonix RISC OS 5.13; !Printers 1.72; HPLJ1022 HPLJ6 driver.

However, when I removed the 'proper' !Printers 1.72 and substituted
the 'ROOL upgraded' !Printers (which still appears as 1.72 with the
same date of Nov-04) it would not print; OPro had a type 5 and the
machine required a full reset to recover.

In the archive all-bin--2007-11-15/zip ROOL provided modules and
PDumpers to enable RISC OS 5 to print from Netsurf. These are dated
13 Nov 2007. Unfortunately they seem to interfere with other functions
of Printers 1.72.

It (supposedly) did not affect PostScript printing(?).

Roger F