[softwarelist] Re: Ov Pro & Internal Error Type=3

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:12:22 GMT
On 25 Feb 2008, David Pilling wrote:
> In message <9669a2764f.rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Roger Darlington
> <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> writes
>
> I would be interested to know what error Techwriter gives?
>
> Type 3 errors roughly mean that the program has corrupted itself or is
> executing something which is not code. Type 5 errors are divide by zero.
>
> I've tried the example document that Roger posted to the list - to tell
> the truth, the first attempt was to Sprinter and it completely corrupted
> the machine "File Core in Use", that was after an error from the Printer
> Manager (nb not OPro).
>
> Subsequent attempts to print worked fine. I've no idea if this first
> event was due to the document or something else.
>
> It is quite conceivable that OP should be reporting an error and by not
> doing so it crashes. Tell me what the error is and I can work out where
> it comes from.

It wasn't Tech Writer, but the copy of Writer+ that comes free with
the Iyonix.

I'm not sure the error message reveals a lot. It is:

When trying to print top-bit-set-Selwyn characters on Writer+, then
Writer+ gives:

Message from Writer+:
Message from Print Driver :Abort on Data Transfer'

Then on trying to print it again so I could write down the hex code,
it gave a different error message:

Message from Writer:
Message from Print Driver: PDumperCX2 called with escape disabled.

When doing the same on OvPro, it now reports (without causing a type=3
or type=5, possibly because I tried it on Writer+ before trying it on
OvPro):

Message from OvPro:
Message from Print Driver: PDumperCX2 called with escape disabled.

i.e. the same second message as reported by Writer+

[I don't know why my escape is disabled, or indeed how to enable it if
it is indeed disabled].

--

Cheers
Roger