[softwarelist] Re: Ov Pro & Internal Error Type=3

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:18:12 GMT

On 25 Feb 2008  Roger Foden <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <51b0a8764f.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 25 Feb 2008  Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> [snip]

>>> I have even reduced the 56 page homerton/selwyn font document to just
>>> one line, and it still crashes with a type=3,or=5.

>>> Since it is now so small, I have attached it, but whether it gets
>>> through, or not, is a different matter...

>> Type 5 error here (needing reset button) with Roger's posted document,
>> trying to print via PrintPDF. RISC OS 5.13, Printers 1.73 (19-Oct-07).

>> With best wishes,

>> Peter.

> !Printers 1.73 ???

> I vaguely remember from posts long gone (and maybe on a different
> forum) there was a discussion about the ROOL 'upgrade' for !Printers -
> new PDumpers and Modules - which enabled it to print Netsurf pages on
> RISC OS 5. Peter Young(?) did the upgrade and achieved !Printers 1.73
> (even though the rest of us remained on 1.72).

> If you, Peter, have the ROOL modified !Printers that could account for
> your (and Roger D's) problem with his document.

> Can you go back to the original !Printers (I assume you've put it
> somewhere safe) and then print the document?

OK, done some experimenting, and the further I go, the less I
understand (slight dent appearing in middle of forehead!).

First, curses, I hadn't, it seems, kept a copy of the original
!Printers; I'm usually obsessional about doing this sort of thing, but
I must have slipped up here. However, I do have the disc image CD
which came with this Iyo, so I copied !Printers from this, and
re-booted. It says it's 1.72 (is this correct? I thought 1.72 was an
upgrade.) and it prints Roger's file quite correctly to PrintPDF.

I'm now thoroughly confused about version numbers, and I have no idea
if this is a pointer to a solution to Roger D's problem.

Explanations at a reading age of about ten, please! :-)

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter  \  /      zfc Er       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.