[softwarelist] Re: Ov Pro & Internal Error Type=3

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:52:39 GMT

On 25 Feb 2008  Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 25 Feb 2008  Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [snip]

>> I have even reduced the 56 page homerton/selwyn font document to just
>> one line, and it still crashes with a type=3,or=5.

>> Since it is now so small, I have attached it, but whether it gets
>> through, or not, is a different matter...

> Type 5 error here (needing reset button) with Roger's posted document,
> trying to print via PrintPDF. RISC OS 5.13, Printers 1.73 (19-Oct-07).

Done some more fiddling with Roger's file, all trying to print to
PrintPDF, and the reset button has been well exercised!

Changing the first character to Trinity prints OK. Any other font I've
tried (deliberately avoiding the ROM fonts) gives either the
unrecoverable Type 5 or a machine lock-up without an error message.
From memory, I tried Sydney, Frederick and Paladin, and maybe another
one that I've forgotten.

The significance of this, of course, eludes me, but may give a pointer
to someone wiser.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter  \  /      zfc Er       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.