[softwarelist] Re: Ov Pro & Internal Error Type=3

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:33:51 +0000

In message <f1e5b6764f.rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> writes

On 25 Feb 2008, David Pilling wrote:
I've tried the example document that Roger posted to the list - to tell
the truth, the first attempt was to Sprinter and it completely corrupted
the machine "File Core in Use", that was after an error from the Printer
Manager (nb not OPro).

I should have said, I was using an Iyonix - RISC OS 5.06 and Printers 1.67 (shockingly old).

Message from Print Driver :Abort on Data Transfer'

Interesting. Locates the problem outside OP and in the printer driver.

The errors you report have a bit of the flavour of the errors I got. Print system behaving in a strange way.

I've since power cycled the machine and the problem has not repeated - in other words it may depend on the random contents of memory.

Thank you to the people who have tried the document and reported back above.

I wonder if there's been any progress with the problem on Archive Online - in other words I don't have a clue.