[cryptome] Re: Syria

  • From: Haim Barak <haim357@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 15:57:43 -0400

* Israel is fighting for its very existence, whereas Hamas is not fighting
for an independent Palestinian state, but the advancement of a radical
Islamic ideology.

* Israel is not opposed to creating a Palestinian state, and even has
dismantled Jewish settlements to allow such a state to being created;
Hamas’s party platform calls for the destruction of Israel, and not the
creation of a Palestinian state living peacefully side-by-side with the
Jews.

* Israel was founded by Jews seeking a national homeland after the
Holocaust; Hamas was founded by Muslim Brotherhood, a radical Islamic group
that worked with the Nazis and spawned most of today’s terrorist groups.

* Israel does not deliberately target civilians; Hamas suicide bombs any
Jew it can and purposely uses schools and mosques as staging grounds for
attacks, thus using civilians as shields.

* Israel is democratic, protecting the rights of both its Jewish and Arab
citizens; Hamas is a tyrannical organization that kills its critics.

* Israel took measures to warn civilians of impending assaults; Hamas
breaks ceasefires unilaterally and repeatedly views Jews living in Israel
as legitimate targets for attack.

* Israel is treating Palestinian civilians injured in the conflict in their
hospitals; Hamas uses hospitals as terrorist staging grounds.

victory by Israel over Hamas is a victory for all those seeking peace
between Israelis and Palestinians; it is a victory for those desiring an
independent, peaceful Palestinian state that does not live in a state of
war with the Israelis; and it is a victory for those that care about the
well-being of the Palestinians, rather than the destruction of the Jewish
state.