[cryptome] Re: Syria

  • From: Dark Redmond <darkredptc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 21:12:32 -0500

On 08/27/2013 09:09 PM, Andrew Hornback wrote:
> You're approaching this from the point of view that this is a lose/lose
> proposition - which opponent
do you prefer, one that you know or one that you don't know?

> The loss of any life (American, Syrian, otherwise) is regrettable -
however, Europe and the United States don't exactly have a great track
record of building stable nations after "conquering" them at this point
in history.  If you care to argue that point, I have a few examples for
you... Viet Nam, Iraq, Afghanistan...

> That said, the ultimate goal here, in my opinion, would be to restore
sovereignty to Syria (and hope that the people can hold Democratic
elections) while at the same time removing their capability to deploy
any form of weapons of mass destruction against anyone (foreign or
domestic), preferably without firing a shot (as per Sun Tzu).

> What's the mechanism that we should use to attain that goal?  Lobbing
Tomahawks doesn't seem like it would be an appropriate solution, nor
does putting lives in danger by invading.  The key is to find something
that Assad needs in order to maintain control over the country and
remove it from his possession without harming the Syrian people.  That
takes diplomacy and a lot of "number crunching" instead of the "gnashing
of teeth", as it were.

> Acts of aggression are a sign that either a) all attempts at diplomacy
have failed or b) no further attempts at diplomacy are within the
purview of the political regime that is trying to negotiate.  Some
people, you simply can't reach...

<mailto:darkredptc@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

>     On 08/27/2013 08:45 PM, Haim Barak wrote:
>     > Andrew, So what do we do continue to see genocide  mass
destruction of children and women and look from the side
>     > As if nothing is happening,
>     There is no result that doesnt end in loss of life. The only
question is do you want assad and his questionable human rights record
or radical islamists in charge?

Since doing so without firing a shot is impossible we are going to enjoy
another long occupation of "democracy". After which we pull out and the
"bad guys" take back over. Just a distraction from the NSA and state of
economy.