[cryptome] Re: Syria

  • From: Haim Barak <haim357@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 15:53:20 -0400

*REPORT:*There is no evidence of Palestinian fighters using civilian
clothes<http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=2&x_outlet=118&x_article=1736#clothes>
.*FACT:*Journalists and eyewitnesses repeatedly noted the use of civilian
clothes by Hamas fighters. *REPORT:*There is no evidence of armed groups
directing civilians to areas where attacks were being launched or forcing
them to remain in the vicinity of
attacks<http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=2&x_outlet=118&x_article=1736#vicinity>.
*FACT:*Palestinian witnesses and video evidence reveal that fighters did
direct civilians to areas where attacks were being launched.  *REPORT:*There
is no evidence that
hospitals<http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=2&x_outlet=118&x_article=1736#hospitals>or
ambulances were used for military activities.
*FACT:*Eyewitnesses describe Palestinian firing from hospitals and using
ambulances. *REPORT:*The mission could not determine whether
mosques<http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=2&x_outlet=118&x_article=1736#mosques>were
used for military purposes.
*FACT:*There is video evidence of weaponry stored in a mosque, and of
secondary explosions of mosques consistent with the storage of explosives.
*REPORT:*The amount of aid allowed into
Gaza<http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=2&x_outlet=118&x_article=1736#aid>by
Israel decreased after the end of the fighting.
*FACT:*If not false, the assertion is at best disingenuous. The average
weekly number of humanitarian shipments increased in the months after the
war ended. *REPORT:*The "international community" regards the Gaza Strip as
occupied<http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=2&x_outlet=118&x_article=1736#occupied>even
after Israel's 2005 withdrawal.  Two UN documents are cited to
substantiate this assertion.*FACT:*Not only does the Report dismiss
the international law and scholars who argue against this view, but the
cited UN documents do not demonstrate such a position by the "international
community."  *REPORT:*Israel retains significant control over the Rafah
crossing<http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=2&x_outlet=118&x_article=1736#rafah>
.*FACT:*The Rafah crossing is presently under Palestinian and Egyptian
control, both *de jure* and *de facto*. *TESTIMONY:*

The Zeitoun area is
pacifist<http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=2&x_outlet=118&x_article=1736#zeitoun
militants> and had no militant groups or rocket fire.
*REPORT:*

This witness is credible and reliable, and there is no reason to doubt his
testimony.
*FACT:*

There are many documented cases of Palestinian militants being killed in
armed clashes in the neighborhood.
 *TESTIMONY:*The al
Fakhoura<http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=2&x_outlet=118&x_article=1736#fakhoura>area
was not used to fire at Israel, and no combatants were killed in the
Fakhoura incident.*REPORT:*The Report was based in part on three interviews
with the Hamas official who made the above claim, and did not cast doubt on
his testimony.*FACT:*Palestinian eyewitnesses and Israel note that the area
was used to fire at Israel, and that combatants were killed in the Israeli
strike.

--

Haim Barak
To Serve and Protect Our Community

<http://haim357.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/banner.jpg>

This e-mail is intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. No waiver of privilege, confidence or
otherwise is intended by virtue of communication via the Internet. Any
unauthorized use, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited.
Thank you.