[cryptome] Re: Syria

  • From: bz <beacyk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Haim Barak <haim357@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 02:27:11 +0100

I though I'll share my personal view on this:

I admit that I do not know much about Syria, barely anything or almost
nothing...

I also feel very deeply disturb by the cruely people there are faced
with... I do not know the solution, BUT I also seriously doubt and
question US-UK intentions.

US-UK Syria 'engagement' is very, very disturbing... Considering painful
experience of Iraq or Afghanistan (to mention these th=wo coutries
only), I fear that this will only escalete the ongoing massacra or may
even lead to something unthincably cathastrophic...

Deep down, I actually hope to be wrong, but my view is that US-UK in
Syria will turn current 'hell' into 'horryfying hell'.

Before 'Wowing' the strike, I'd recommend to have a thoughtful look at
some of the articles gathered on this site: <http://www.globalresearch.ca/>

Review other bloody conflicts/wars from human history, take a breath,
reflect...

"The lesson of the Holocaust is not that Jews are special, it is not
that Jews are unique, it is not that Jews are eternal victims. The
lesson of the Holocaust is that when you have the capacity to hault
genocide and you do not, no matter who carries out that genocide or who
it is directed against, you are culpable."
- Chris Hedges said once in a remmarcable speech: 'The silence of the
nation"
<http://www.sprword.com/videos/americasilenceofanation/>

"Force always attracts men of low morality."
- Albert Einstein

"It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but
an act of murder."
- Albert Einstein

"A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny."
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

"The next war ... may well bury Western civilization forever."
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."
- Alexander Hamilton

"War is organized murder and torture against our brothers."
- Alfred Adler

"War is not an adventure. It is a disease. It is like typhus."
- Antoine De Saint-Exupery

"There never was a good war or a bad peace."
- Benjamin Franklin

"War should be made a crime, and those who instigate it should be
punished as criminals."
- Charles Evans Hughes

"In war, we always deform ourselves, our essence."
- Chris Hedges

"War settles nothing."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"A hospital alone shows what war is."
- Erich Maria Remarque

“There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity.”
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

(& written after the Hiroshima and Nagasaki)

"We have waged war in the most ferocious and ruthless way that has ever
been  waged. We waged it against fierce and ruthless enemies that it was
necessary to destroy. Now we have destroyed one of our enemies and
forced the capitulation of the other. For the moment, we are the
strongest power in the world. It is very important that we do not become
the most hated…. We need to study and understand certain basic
problems…. and remember that no weapon has ever settled a moral problem.
It can impose a solution, but it cannot guarantee it to be a just one.
An aggressive war is the great crime against everything good in the
world. A defensive war, which must necessarily turn aggressive at the
earliest moment is the great counter crime…. We never think that war, no
matter how necessary, nor how justified is not a crime. Ask the infantry
and the dead."
- Ernest Hemingway

By all that I do not intend to suggest that people should reject war in
total (I used to be a pacyfist, but these days I feel more like an
anarchist) as (today I agree with Ghandi) it may be sometimes a
courageous act - necessary to break the walls of oppression, open the
gulag cages, remark those who were brutally killed...

In my eyes though this is not the case in this situation as I simply do
not have any trust whatoever in the US-UK criminal enterprise commonly
called governments. War Criminals never have good intentions and it is
better/safer to regard them and their agendas as danger..