[cryptome] Re: Freelists As Well As NSA Snooping Addendum

  • From: Gary Wallin <garylwallin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 08:23:28 -0500

There are no 'secret forums', just delusional people thinking they have privacy and secrecy. The Panopticon is here to stay. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticon Think of it as just another step in the social evolution of our species.

Closing this, or any other list, does little to stop the official and commercial spying. We have met the spies and they are us.

Deleting messages and subscriber lists is another act of imagination. If a tree falls in the forest, and the knowledge of that falling is given a superficial deletion; the record is still there.

Keep speaking and communicating. Forgetfulness and Privacy have fallen by the wayside. But something useful and enlightening may still arise.

On 7/26/2013 6:57 AM, John Young wrote:
Cryptome does not support secret forums, instead participants
should know contents are public before joining a forum or
participating.

This list has had little traffic and only a small number of
posters. That's a fine alternative to social media frenzy
of aiding official and commercial spying that is fostering
the unwary frenzy to harvest its "free" bounty.

We add on the possible list closing, all messages will be
deleted, subscriber list too.

But, destroying public information is abominable, so we
are open to persuasion on this.

--
All my email is subject to viewing by the Panopticon ::
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticon ::