[cryptome] Re: The NSA snooping.

  • From: "System Rat" <systemrat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 22:18:40 +1000

In Australia  - ASIS = CIA whereas ASIO = FBI in Oz in the context of
intelligence services.

No I have no idea what they get up to regrettably I am not in the loop. :-)
. In each case the attorney general overseas them but each has its own head.
PS I don't trust the current attorney general on the political level but
come the next election he will be gone I hope.

I just make the point that intelligence services in this country and perhaps
yours operate to protect their national interests rather than the
governments of the day that come and go. Conversely in contrast if you live
in say Iran or  North Korea and posted something anti whoever the leader is
then expect a knock on the door.

I can and have posted comments that I think the current PM Kevin Rudd is an
idiot and Julia Gillard former PM is a corrupt liar and soon to be charged
for a number of offences (See  http://michaelsmithnews.com) and so far no
one has smashed my door down and taken be for reeducation or worse aka North
Korea.

Sorry - Hang on there is someone knocking on the door.