Re: [cpsig] RE: d1o and ROYAL HUDSON

  • From: "dave hill" <techill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 02:14:42 -0500

well the first run Van Hobbies h1e Royal hudson came out in 1979 I bought a custom painted one for about $425.00 so a staight brass would be able to fetch $450 in 1982 a really terrible recessionary year thats when bank rates were at 23% ouch it was really bad . But 1982 is a quarter century ago the last run of Royal Hudsons Van Hobbies sold around $1500.00 there was a 2850 Royal factoy paint at Georges in Toronto last year sold for $1700.00 factory painted and I saw a H!e Royal Hudson go for 1200.00this winter . Now if division Point does the Royal Hudson to their standard there is a world of difference . Its kind of like comparing a timex to a Rolex . THe Division point engine will be an H1c great because we model Southern Ont .The motor and the drive in the division point manufactures cost is very high but MTH could come thru could come thru with a dcc Royal Hudson with sound and smoke would be fine with me . Regards DAVID HILL
----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Hately" <d.hately@xxxxxxxxxxxx>