Re: [cpsig] RE: d1o and ROYAL HUDSON

  • From: "dave hill" <techill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 12:49:40 -0500

Royal Hudson and D10 WEll i have news to those who want a Royal Hudson well good news I had a 3/4 hour chat with Ken at Division Point Saturday morning . This is a company that is interested in building true works of art . plans are for a H1B hudson ala 2816 and a H1c Royal Hudson in 2010 its at the planning stages right now . I have put them in touch with my friend a walking talking steaming rairoad historian who is the fussiest got to right modeler I know .( I have nick named him theChoo choo gruru Now this is interesting Ken was concerned abouth the stainless steel boiler jacket . I explained it was something special for 2850 in the Royal Tour in 1939 and it was removed after the Royal Tour and stored somehow it reappeared on 2863 later (does anyone know the story of how thae stainless steel boiler jacket got on 2863) Well move ahead to the 2860 restoration and this was a great project THE engine ended up with British Columbia across the front great big crowns on the tender and wow a stainless steel boiler Jacket . A beautiful engine a little over dressed but lilly guild it for the millions of people who saw it . Seeing it was such a kodak moment that Kodak used it in their ads for the ill fated ADvantix cameras Now when 2839 ended up in California it ended up with a stainlees steel boiler jacke something aH1C never had see how history can get twisted . So start saving your bucks cause it won,t be cheap. One has to remember the last Van Hobbies issue of CPR Hudsons H1a,b,c,d,e, cost around $1500.oo so get ready put put in a reservation if you really want one . Now for the D10 they felt there would be a market for 200 d 10,s cause this would be a home layou size engine I agree !000% they need 120 reservations to go ahead with the project they are short so its time to commit if they build less than 200 price goes flying up. Now time to face reality the brass market in general is becoming a real niche market .Manufactures aren,t going to build 60% of a run on spec any more so when the anouncemet of a new engine is made you want it ( Show me the money) . Now for the immediate future the P2,s went back to korea with a number of detail changes should be here in 2-3 months the CNR4-6-4 is a go there are enough reservations Intesting because they were very limited in wher they ran whereas the Royal Hudson,s ran pretty well system wide on the main lines . Now I think with my gruru conection we could see the productin of the H1C Royal Hudson moved up and with your commitment $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ become a reality .One last thing quality is remembered after price is forgotton. Brass is one thing you buy and it lasts that new car flat screen tv stero computer equipment furniture all in the land fill forgotten my Brass is in my will !!! Knowing I,m in the land fill before it !! regards DAVID HILL ps Division Point is a small nice company it was certianly a pleasure to actually talk to someone who actually loves trains oh yes CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BGR group.Taking over Norwests grove cars this has been an exciting interesting week .
----- Original Message ----- From: "Wally" <wdowrie@xxxxxxxxxxx>