Re: [ConstellationTalk] Orders of love and trauma

  • From: Michael Reddy <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ConstellationTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 09:44:28 -0400

Hi Everyone,
I would just like to add one note to a very rich and important conversation.  Thank you all.
I've said in one of my books and many times otherwise that "orders" of love is a tricky and often problematic translation.  In English, "orders" becomes a verb which means to "command" or "force someone" under pain of some sort of rule violation.  In German, "die Ordnung der Liebe" does not behave the same way.  Correct me if I am wrong please, but the translation into German of the English verb "to order" is "befehlen."  "Ordnung" can't be turned into a verb the same way.
I believe we should understand what we are talking about here in the sense of "patterns of generally successful interaction in families or organizations"--all things being equal.  Success in families and organizations is much too complex and fluid a process to be dictated by a few hard and fast rules.
Beyond that, I might suggest that "tough love" is best applied in private situations when a facilitator knows the client quite well.
Best,Michael

Michael Reddy,
PhDCPC, ELI-MP
michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   610 469 7588www.reddyworks.comRelieving Chronic Emotional/Physical Suffering usingFamily Constellations | Core Energy Coaching | EFT | Shamanism

On Apr 18, 2017, at 8:40 AM, Giselle Charbonnier gisellecharbonnier@xxxxxxxxx [ConstellationTalk] <ConstellationTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear ones,

I have been wanting to connect with you about this for some months… Someone sent me a video from Bert which I find quite disturbing. Since then, I have mixed feelings... I would really appreciate you let me know your feelings/thoughts about it.We know the truth he - and Sophie - are holding and yet, in my heart, and as a trauma therapist, I can’t accept this violence, which also seems unnecessary. There is some kind of fundamentalism about the orders of love that seems to be very disconnected. I really wonder about the effects this has… I could say more, but I would really love if you could let me know what your thoughts are… The video is in German and Russian… but if you can’t understand the words, at least you can see the faces and the moment Sophie hits a participant with the microphone, and, afterwards Bert sends out someone who complains about this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjp7Frr3QjQ
With love and gratitude,Giselle
<INTERBEING mail 3.png>
www.interbeing.space

Giselle Charbonnier