[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L6 Q6

  • From: Malynnda Littky <mslittky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 11:58:20 -0700 (PDT)

While researching Telnet, I found that it does use Unix commands (see
http://www.aota.net/Telnet/index.php4). Perhaps this is because Telnet predates
the TCP/IP protocol that is so common now (see
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~rohit/IEEE-L7-v2.html).

  Malynnda

Robert Wagner <bgitwol@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Ok...  Let's try that agian with a subject line this time.

At http://www.elated.com/tutorials/management/unix/basic/ I found out that the
basic commands used in telnet are actually in the same format as the command
line commands for my family's old Amiga computer in the 80s/90s.  Telnet must
be Unix-based, because the Unix system seems to have taken over the old
structure, commands, and abilities of Amiga computers.

I logged on to the Library of Congress website using telnet at
telnet://140.147.254.3.  There I found that telnet doesn't always display what
you have typed into the console.  So if you feel you mistyped a number it's not
easy to verify it without simply pressing enter and finding out what it did.

Robert Wagner

Robert Wagner

"Belief gets in the way of learning."
Do You Yahoo!?
http://mail.yahoo.com

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds...

- Ralph Waldo Emerson