[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L6 Q6

  • From: Kelley Coburn-Harris <newfsr4me@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 12:32:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sandy,
  I had many unsuccessful attempts also. I was hoping to connect to Harvard's
library but was never able to. I did connect to the Library of Congress and
Materia Magica, by different methods.

Sandy Keller <sandy48837keller@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Hi Class,
  I found a website at
http://www.elated.com/articles/telnet-and-basic-commands/ that was helpful in
learning how telnet is used and the distinct difference between the telnet
protocol and the HTTP protocol . Telnet would be a great tool for working at
home or if you had to fix something on the network while you were away. I
practiced telnet at the Library of Congress, telnet://locis.loc.gov  After
about an hour of unsuccessful attempts, I was admitted to what appeared to be
the wonderful world of DOS. I wanted to review the libraries list of commands
and after I chose the appropriate number, there was great hesitation. After the
initial selection, it went much faster. The viewing area seems small.  To go
back to the list, you put in the appropriate number, no scrolling here.

  Sandy Keller

  Need Mail bonding?

Kelley Coburn-Harris
  newfsr4me@xxxxxxxxx

      "America: Where a man can say what he thinks, if he isn't afraid of his
wife, his boss, his customers, his neighbors, or the government."
  ---Joe Moore