[cad-linux] Re: An open CAD file format

  • From: Massimiliano Mirra <mmirra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CAD Linux list <cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 01:55:25 +0200

Bruno Postle <bruno@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> *  Crash resistant data format.
>
> *  Object-oriented xrefs/blocks/symbols with multiple inheritance, aggregation
>    and polymorphism.
>
> *  Multiple users can edit the same data at the same time.
>
> *  Infinite undo.
>
> *  Diff and patch friendly.
>
> *  Release tagging, development branching and versioning.
>
> *  Other stuff too, the format is extremely extensible.
>
> This isn't just hot-air, I've written a tiny proof-of-concept
> application that can be used to demonstrate all of this:

xSpace (http://xspace.sf.net), the project I am developing, seems to
have many goals in common with yours.  Have a look at the page; it's a
tiny of proof-of-concept, too, but it would be nice to join efforts.

>     http://bugbear.blackfish.org.uk/~bruno/draft/
>
> I'd be interested to hear any comments.

I am using dnotify instead of FAM.  This has the disadvantage to only
work with kernel 2.4.19, but its work is done in kernel space so it's
probably more efficient.

Massimiliano