[cad-linux] Re: An open CAD file format

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 00:53:42 -0500

> The following was supposedly scribed by
> Massimiliano Mirra
> on Sunday 07 September 2003 12:36 am:

>> I am a huge proponent or re-inventing (or even eliminating) the smile
>> floormat.
>
>Sorry, I'm not a native speaker.  What does `re-inventing the smile
>floormat' means here?

Just my pet-name for file-formats.  I'm working on an idea to allow programs
to assume that the data will tell them what they need to know instead of
having to parse the data, perform some translation, make an educated guess,
and then think that they know what they need to know.

--Eric

--
"Everything goes wrong all at once."
                                        --Quantized Revision of Murphy's Law