[bookport] Re: Larry's revelations about the Bookport on ACB Radio

  • From: "Rusty Perez" <rustys.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 16:09:36 -0700

Hi folks,
Thanks to those of you who jumped to my defense.

I'm gonna try not to step on any toes here.

First off, the recording was publicly available   for any one to
listen to. You might say I did the community a service, put the
curiosity to sleep, and dispelled the rumors that no one knew
anything. Sure people knew something. As some one said earlier in this
thread, it was a case of the right hand not knowing what the left was
doing.

Did I scoop Jeff? Yes, i did, and I apologized. Jeff's not going to go
home upset to change the topic of his show because I made some
publicly available information a little more publicly available. I
found the recording with a simple google search just as any one could
have done.  Jeff's show will go on, and I'll listen to it,  and many
folks who don't follow this list will quite possibly hear about BP II
for the first time on Tuesday at some point. Jeff will do the good
work he has done for quite a while.
In fact, you might even say that my bringing this to the forefront
might cause more of us to listen to the show.

Scoop, advanced information, secret exclusive, I could have used these
and any number of other phrases to hype what I had to say. The truth
is that it was a little fun finding a piece of information and passing
it along before others found it. But I did say that we might well
learn something new from Jeff's show because this information is six
months old, and again, I apologized to Jeff.
Do news organizations wait in line to share information? No. Who
knows, maybe at some point I'll have an opportunity to help Jeff out
some time.
Be that as it may, I was NOT passing off bad info. I was simply
passing something interesting along which I had found. Should I have
waited? Why? I believe this will ultimately add to the hype
surrounding the eminent release of an improvement to the already
wonderful bookport.
Now, let's all wait paciently, or not so paciently, to listen to
Jeff's show on the 14th.

Rusty

On 3/11/07, Robert Clark <rclark0276@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Don,
    I had nothing to do with that decision!  LOL

I am a nutritional overachiever.
Robert & Dreamer Doll (Guide Dawggie)
Newport, Oregon
N24C 3G 8/2000 Hookup