[bookport] Re: Larry's revelations about the Bookport on ACB Radio

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 21:18:22 -0500

Cy -

If you're talking about speeding up the playback speed of lectures you
record using the BP, there's no way to do that at all. What Dave was talking
about was the pseudo-compression that you can get when using the transfer
software to send an audio book (MP3 or Audible formats) from your PC to the
Book Port. I guess you could copy the recording from the BP to the PC, then
send it back through the transfer software and use that "compression"
feature, but given the relatively poor quality of the original recording,
I'd sort of hate to think about the result.