[bookport] Re: Larry's revelations about the Bookport on ACB Radio

  • From: "Rusty Perez" <rustys.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 13:23:17 -0800

I've got the scoop!!!
Hi folks,
Maybe noone's heard about this, but there is a recording, under the
aph podcasts, which does a pretty good job describing the new features
in bookport II.
Unless they've changed things since November of 2006, they confirm
that there will be a rechargible battery which can be removed, a built
in speaker, stereo microphone jack, secure digital card slot, and some
on board memory.
It will play protected wma files, though I don't understand why the
transfer software couldn't be made to do this for the original
bookport since it asks for passwords for RFBD books and just
transcodes them anyway.
Bookport II will also use USB 2.0 for faster transfers.
It will use the same Doubletalk speech engine, but much was made about
the fact that you can send books using a synthesizer of your choice.
It will not have on board speech compression to speed up audio recordings.

Unless there's more, the cat's out of the bag folks.
The original bookport will still be supported.

I will probably listen to the show, but I don't expect to hear anything new.

Rusty

On 3/9/07, Lois Goodine <al419@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You are right.  You can listen to the live main menu program with Larry
Skutchan
on March 14 at 1:00 Universal time on the mainstream channel of ACBradio.
Lois Goodine.