[bookport] Re: In defense of Double Talk

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 05:48:05 -0500

How about Street Louis?  Or... Drive Jekyl

At 03:24 PM 3/15/2007, Richard Ring wrote:
I am fine with Doubletalk, after first the Roadrunner and then the
Bookport I can honestly say that I read with Doubletalk, and I am not
listening to synthetic speech, I'm reading.
The only time I find myself remembering that the voice is not a person
is when the Doubletalk says something that is rather amusing.  For
instance, sometimes when reading a book about those who break the law,
one might come across the acronym FBI.  Sometimes Doubletalk with say
FBI with a marvelous little squeak at the end.
It always cracks me up.