[bookport] Re: In defense of Double Talk

  • From: "William Stephan" <wstephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:34:28 -0600

Crystal's right!

Some of us who've been doing this for a while can still remember when synthetic
speech sounded about like someone reading through a kazoo.

Since folks can apparently designate whatever speech engine they want to use on
a file-by-file basis, I'm not sure why which synthesizer is used is
particularly significant in any case.