[bookport] Re: In defense of Double Talk

  • From: "Allison Mervis" <allisonfm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:09:46 -0400

Amen!
Allison

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Toews" <dogriver@xxxxxxxx>
To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 3:28 PM
Subject: [bookport] Re: In defense of Double Talk

All we need to do now is get Book Share available to non-Americans so we
can all read instead of being barred by politics.

Bruce
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:15:47 -0400, "Fred Wurtzel"
<f.wurtzel@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:
Hello,

I, also have a similar history.  I started with a Texas Instruments
TI-994a
computer with speech then went to an Apple II plus.  What we have now is
amazing and a blessing.  The computer and Bookport along with Bookshare
is
an unbelievable combination to provide access to printed material.  I
can't
imagine what a difference this would have made for me in college in the
early 70's just after the invention of the cassette tape.