[blindcooks] Re: Introduction and Dinner Favorites

  • From: "Jonathan Rawlings" <twosocks76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 22:12:41 -0700

Oh yes, and I love cast iron as well. Wouldn't give it up for anything. Makes the best pizza I've ever had.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob" <captinlogic@xxxxxxxxx>
From: "Karen" <butterfly05@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 20:05:14 -0500
Subject: [blindcooks] Introduction and Dinner Favorites

Hi and thank you to Jon and Dani for help in getting subscribed.

It looks like there are a few of us from the crafting group over here now.

I am excited to learn about the list as I am currently on a quest to develop a rotation of 15 dishes in answer to the question, "What's for dinner?"

So far it includes stir-fry, minestrone and chicken Caesar--I'm very good at chopping!

Every blind person I have ever talked with says they would never use a gas cooktop. Is everyone here using electric?

I am careful and have taken to using cast iron skillets. Some family have said they don't like them because they are heavy; that is precisely why I love them.

Are there bread bakers on list? Another interest is baking sourdough as authentic is difficult to find. I haven't gotten the starter yet but it is a spring project on the to-do.

I look forward to the discussions here.

Karen