[bksvol-discuss] Re: validation question

  • From: "Julie Morales" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 16:27:57 -0400

Hi, Rebecca. The fact is, if you don't read the book while validating,
there's no real way to make sure you get everything. There are some things a
spell check won't pick up because maybe they're real words but they didn't
scan properly in that case. The best thing to do is to use Kurzweil's ranked
spelling to get an idea of how good the book is. If it already appears to be
in good condition and you don't want to read the book completely through,
maybe just doing a spell check and fixing what you know should be fixed,
checking the copyright and making sure nothing is missing from the content
of the book is good enough. If there seems to be a lot of errors and it's
not one you're really interested in, maybe release it and choose another
one. That's why I think when you're first starting to validate, choosing
something that sounds like something you'd like to read, anyway, is a good
way to start. Take care.
Julie Morales
Life is a gift from God. What we do with it is our gift to Him.