[bksvol-discuss] validation question

  • From: "Kerri Kosten" <wvusuperfan22@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 07:46:10 -0400

Hi All:

I am getting ready to validate my first book.  I have been volunteering a long
time, just haven't validated anything.  I once took a book but reallyd din't do
anything to it.
What should all this page break stuff look like?  If I am reading the book on a
pacmate or notetaker or with a braille display, what should these "page breaks"
feel like?  I have read many books from Web braille and seen their page numbers
but don't know waht the page breaks are supposed to look like.  I do not want
this persons book to get rejected.
Also, if the book is excellent scan, complete, has all the necessary
information, can I just upload the book to the admmen cue and then read it
since it is still on my hard drive or is this illegal?  I know some people read
along as they go and I really want to read this book but I don't want to keep
renewing it over and over if it is good enough to go ahead and get in the
collection just so I can read it.  Should I validate it it, wait until the book
gets approved forthe collection, and then read it when I subscribe?  I guess I
am asking is it okay to also read the book you validate.

Thanks a lot, and sorry for the ignorant questions.
Kerri