[bksvol-discuss] Re: validation question

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 08:07:12 -0700

No doubt others will reply to you too. You're right; you can't do a good validation without reading the book or at least doing a lot of random checking. We on this list have known for a long, long time that Bookshare needs to change their directions if good validations are to result. The best tool when using Kurzweil is to run the book through ranked spelling in the tools menu. A lot of the words it shows you will be proper names which are probably correct but it will also show you partial words, random incorrect characters etc. If you are unable to use a print copy to check on errors and you encounter a lot of missing words or partial words, you should either downgrade the book or reject it. I hope this helps. Jill
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rebecca Ilniski" <rebecca.ilniski@xxxxxxxxxxx>