[bksvol-discuss] Re: validation question

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 21:42:22 -0700 (PDT)

Ah, Rebecca. You've asked--and answered--the $64,000

The rules require only a minimum from the
validator--making sure all the pages are there and
that the copyright info is correct--and hopefully tha
a spell check has been done and that junk characters
are eliminated.

But most of us now read the books and correct them as
we go, so that the copied that go into the collection
are as good as possible. There are words that the
spell-check won't find, e.g., the numeral one for
capital I, die for the, morn instead of mom--others I
can't think of at the moment. Plus sometimes words are
separated tht should not be, e.g.,  some where, to
night(except in some English books or old books that
do follow different spelling rules.

Did you get the instructions about closing end-of-the
line hyphenated words that should not be hyphenated?

Cindy

--- Rebecca Ilniski <rebecca.ilniski@xxxxxxxxxxx>