[bksvol-discuss] Re: dashes

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 04:30:25 -0700

Hi Jamie!

I'm glad to know that the braille translator doesn't translate the em dash properly. I'm glad you asked about this. From now on, I'll replace them with a double hyphen. That way, if they never get around to finding a fix for the bookshare tools to use, the books that I submit will read correctly. And if they do find a fix, no harm has been done. I scan enough books for children and young adults that I want them to be accurate when read.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 04:15 AM 10/24/2007, you wrote:
In Word, to easily replace the em dash, just press Ctrl-H to open the find and replace box. Then type in ^+ (that's shift-6 and the plus sign which is shift =). Tab to get to the replace box and type -- (that's hyphen hyphen) and then press Alt-A to replace them all.

I will make sure I do this from now on too.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Loyalty in Death - J.D. Robb
<http://www.dpbolvw.net/email-1683725-10458428?sid=Email102107>$10 Off Any Purchase at 39DollarGlasses! (discount applied at checkout)