[bksvol-discuss] Re: dashes

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:03:57 -0700 (PDT)

My book is 807 pages--but a global replace of an em
dash with two hyphens would do it easily.

However, the general feeling seems to be to retain the
em dashes, so I guess I will until we hear differently
from the administrators.

The book I'm validating now, printed in 1946 (13th
printing) but originall in 1942, not only as hyphens
and em dashes but, at the end of some sentences, three
em dashes. It will be interesting to see, if any of
you decide to read it when it finally gets into the
collection, what they sound like or look like in
Braille.

Cindy