[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ok, I'm confused! What's next?

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 15:19:21 -0500

Hi Deb,

Oh, that's a good way to put it -- the whole process definitely does have a lot of order sensitivity! smile.

Keep asking questions as they come up -- there are many volunteers here with a whole lot of experience on all different kinds of software and hardware used to scan and OCR and proofread books that are willing to help. For example, I don't have any experience with Kurzweil myself, but other volunteers here are real wizards at using it and answering questions about it.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>

On 6/27/2014 12:19 PM, Gmail For Deb wrote:
Thanks, Judy,

Yes, OmniPage keeps the original images around for you, so if some pages have
an odd format, you can fiddle around with things and get an improved
recognition.  It's a bit non-intuitive to me, but remarkably flexible.

After writing you last night, I realized I may be panicking unduely.  The place I see no
italics is in the built in spell checker, which doesn't show superscript either, gut they
do show up in the editor.  So I'm probably ok there...  I need to be sure, though before
I go on, as I'll be detaching my rtf version of the book from OmniPage soon, and once I
do, having to go back will become increasingly painful, since I won't be able to go
"backward"!

I still have a few other bits and pieces surrounding graphics to clean up too,
and I want to do a little checking to be sure I haven't done something about
page sequencing, too, before I go to that rtf only version.  I'm glad I stopped
to think about this thoroughly before I just jumped in...  I can see that the
process is going to have some considerable order sensitivity!

You all are so much help!

Deb Outland
Lexington, Kentucky