[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ok, I'm confused! What's next?

  • From: Gmail For Deb <djoutland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 12:42:56 -0400

Kim,

When I asked for clarification about blank pages, the volunteer administrator
told me to just be sure there was a page break there for the blank page.  In my
case, I wondered just how to handle that because I have pages that are totally
blank.  They don't even contain a page number.    I wonder, though, how a
proofreader can tell that this isn't a mistake?

In the same conversation, she said exactly the same thing you do about
illustrations and diagrams.  In my book, all the diagrams have captions.  Does
the caption itself go inside the square bracket too, or outside it?  Im
assuming the significance of those brackets implies that what's inside is
analogous to a narrator's note in a talking book.  If that's true, it probably
should be outside the brackets...

Anyway, since there's another person, the proofreader, between me and the
submission, I am going to put the note about the blank pages in.  I think it
will be easier on the proofer in the long run, unless someone knows I shouldn't.

Many thanks!

Deb Outland
Lexington, Kentucky