[bksvol-discuss] Re: New bestsellers!

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 21:02:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jamie,

Yep, that's the website I start at. I look at the top 10 books in
Hardcover Fiction,
Hardcover Nonfiction,
Paperback Trade Fiction,
Paperback Mass-Market Fiction, and
Paperback Nonfiction.
I ignore the Hardcover and Paperback Advice Books, the Hardcover and Paperback
Business Books, and Graphic Books lists.

I'll file a ticket with Engineering to create a kiddie bestseller list, and
start creating a list of which books I need to get. The outsourcers get a
couple hundred books each week, so adding in a few more won't be difficult.

There are thousands of lists of books. It would be easy to have someone working
on special collections full-time. Maybe I should suggest at the next Collection
Development meeting, run the idea up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes...
First though, we'd need the ability to create special collections ourselves
rather than relying on Engineering. I'm just musing, don't think that this is
imminent! It would be months off if it ever does come to pass.
Carrie