[bksvol-discuss] Re: More Questions about proofreading.

  • From: "Deborah Murray" <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 07:05:45 -0500

Hi ann,

actually, Judy didn' say anything about converting m-dashes to blank spaces.
She had a list of things the converter does: converting m-dashes; converting
tabs to blank spaces etc.

We were told quite some time ago that m-dashes, properly formatted, would be
converted to two hyphens by the converter. I think some proofers do it
anyway, since with speech it reads a little better.
We were also told that, in one of the latest updates to the converter, that
section breaks would now be converted to page breaks and that volunteers no
longer needed to do it.

But, I do agree, we need a current manual. And really, the old one just
needs to be removed from the site. It's full of outdated and contradictory
instructions. I'm officially offering to help.

Deborah