[bksvol-discuss] Re: More Questions about proofreading.

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 00:06:58 -0600

Hi Cindy,

Yes, if page numbers are on the bottom they are moved from the bottom of the page to the top. The numbers are moved to the top left, as the converter changes all formatting so everything is left-aligned.

Judy s.
On 11/15/2013 11:09 PM, Cindy Rosenthal wrote:
Good question. Page numbers can be moved from bottom of page to top by the coverter? is it to top left? I no longer have to do it myself? I probably will, though, because it maks it easer for me to double-check the pagination before checking in the book

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Judy s. <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    When did it change that section breaks don't need to be changed to
    page breaks? Last I'd heard a book was rejected if it was uploaded
    to the approval queue with section breaks instead of page breaks.

    It would be incredibly helpful if us volunteers had a current list
    of what the conversion tool can handle. smile. We've been told,
    for example, that it can convert:

    m-dashes
    tabs to a blank space
    strip extra blank lines
    move page numbers from bottom of page to top of page
    apparently section breaks get converted to page breaks

    What else?

    Judy s.

    On 11/15/2013 1:04 PM, Madeleine Linares wrote:

        Hi Jim,

        Illustrations should be removed. We unfortunately cannot
        process books with images at this time, though it is something
        we are working towards. You should delete them. If any have
        captions included in the image itself, the captions should be
        retyped and placed in brackets.

        Section breaks are fine, and our converter handles them
        exactly the same as page breaks. You do not need to worry
        about converting them to page breaks.

        Please let me know if you still have questions about this
        book. To post to the discussion list, simply send an email to
        bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        As for Poet, we are currently not giving out book ID numbers
        to individuals. We're actually restructuring the volunteer
        process at the moment in order to get entire books completed
        with the highest quality image descriptions. Right now we're
        only working with groups of people, but I'll let you know when
        we've figured how to manage the individual volunteers and
        their work. I apologize that this is taking so long. We are
        working hard to make sure that this new structure is the most
        productive and sustainable, so it is taking some time to hash
        that out.

        Best,

        Madeleine