[bksvol-discuss] Re: More Questions about proofreading.

  • From: "Martha Rafter" <mlhr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 10:00:25 -0500

Hi Nimit,
I put the page numbers at the top too as it is less confusing to me. I'm pretty sure the Bookshare conversion tool puts them at the top. HTH!
Marty

-----Original Message----- From: Nimit Kaur
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:55 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: More Questions about proofreading.

Hi, HMM?  I don't know about print book, but I never encountered this
in braille books?  Not the ones I read so far...  I personally like
the page numbers to be at the top, it is just easier for me to proof
and to know where I am in the book...  No, I amm not sighted, but I
still find it useful, surprisingly.  I wonder what the Conversion Tool
does witht the page numbers at the bottom?  I have not come across a
bookshare book with page numbers in the bottom.  They are always at
the top, so does the tool thingy move it at the top even if you decide
to put it in the bottom for some reason?  Just out of curiosity....
Have a nice day, people!

On 11/19/13, Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx> wrote:
#
I've often wondered about that myself. I often run into books where the
page numbers appear at the top except on pages where a new chapter
starts and then they are at the bottom. Just to be sure I move them to
the top.
On 11/19/2013 4:34 PM, Judy s. wrote:
Hi Madeleine, I just re-read these and a clarification question popped
into my head on one of them, the one that says "Page numbers should be
consistent throughout the text but they can be at the top or at the
bottom of the page."

I want to make sure I'm interpreting that correctly. That means that
the converter works properly if and only if: all the page numbers in a
book are consistently at the top of the pages or all the page numbers
are consistently at the bottom of all the pages. Is that right?

In other words, the converter doesn't work correctly regarding what it
does with page numbers if we submit a book that has all the page
numbers, but some are at the top of the pages and some are at the bottom.

I would therefore assume we as volunteers really have two goals
regarding page numbering.  One, all page numbers must be retained and
Two, we should always move page numbers so that they are all at the
top of pages, or all at the bottom of pages if within the original
printed book they sometimes appear at the top of the pages and
sometimes at the bottom.

Correct?

Thanks!

Judy s.
subject line.

PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWNG QUOTES BY STEVIE WONDER!!!!!!!
“JUST BECAUSE A MAN LACKS THE USE OF HIS EYES DOES NOT MEAN HE LACKS VISION!”
“JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN’T SEE DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN’T HEAR AND THINK!”  “
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ALSO NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS.  THEY CAN DO
EVERYTHING THAT PEOPLE WITHOUT DISABILITIES CAN DO JUST IN DIFFERENT
WAYS ADAPTING TO THE CERTAIN DISABILITY THEY POSSESS.
MORE WAYS YOU CAN CONTACT ME:
KAUR.NIMIT@xxxxxxxxx
KAUR.NIMIT@xxxxxxxxxxx
THANK YOU FOR READING MY EMAIL!!!!  HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY, AFTERNOON,
EVENING OR NIGHT DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU ARE IN THE WORLD!!